Tuesday 27 April 2010

Robin Hood 2010



On the 14th of May in the UK we are set to see the release of another remake, or retelling of the familiar story of Robin Hood. Hollywood has been recycling stories for over half a century and I feel this is one could be something to get excited about.
Ridley Scott, in my eyes is a true master and auteur of our time.
For me the reason for this is Alien (1979) and Blade Runner (1982) but on hearing about Robin Hood, I was in the least bit bothered, another remake I thought, using Russel Crowe again I sighed. I thought it was one to easily be dismissed this year, but on watching the trailer at the cinema last week, my view has completely changed.

I found out that a lot of people on IMDB where ready to slate this as soon as they heard Russel Crowe was going to be starring alongside an apparently old Cate Blanchett, but I think it would be worth your while giving this movie a chance. Under the direction of Ridley Scott I feel this film could really stand out amongst the crud being released this year. Yes it may be churning out some ideas we've heard before, but isn't everything a copy of a copy. All these famous stories that have been passed down for centuries and all have a different way of being told. We got a lot of 'recycling' ahead of us, the film industries will never stop producing new Batmans, or Draculas and even some classic Greek mythology, these stories will never stop being retold so its probably time to just get used to it.

-Jenny.





No comments:

Post a Comment